Become A Dental Assisting Practicum Host
DENTAL ASSISTING DISTANCE PROGRAM
CBBC Career College is proud to announce our new Dental Assisting Distance Program. (DAD)
If you are an individual that would like to become a Dental Assistant, or if you are a Dentist that would like to sponsor a student, this may be the perfect fit for you!
The program is delivered over 51 weeks and is comprised of thirteen modules and 5-weeks of on-site clinical instruction at CBBC’s Dental Clinic. Structured Theory courses are provided on-line through the Moodle course management system and supplemented by textbook readings and a variety of references.
A CBBC Registered Dental Assisting instructor teaches, supports, and mentors the student by open communication via Zoom and Moodle and assesses knowledge through comprehensive evaluations administered at the end of each module.
Following completion of all theory modules, clinical sessions are held at CBBC Career College’s dental clinic. This provides for calibrated evaluation of the Provincial competencies.
Benefits for the Learner
- As distance learners, students in less populated areas have an opportunity to participate
- 3 days per week lessons via structured, instructor-led, online delivery
- 2 days per week work placement provides practical/clinical learning in a local dentist office
- Gains early and consistent training in chair-side assisting, patient management, infection control, and clinical procedures
- Obtains significant and on-going real world dental environment exposure throughout the program
- Graduates in under a year
Benefits for the Sponsoring Dentist
- Contributes to training a new community health professional
- Given opportunity to develop a well-matched potential employee by knowing and working with the student throughout the entire program
- Through student progression, more skills and knowledge are brought to the practice that can augment productivity
- The partnership that develops between dentist and student enhances the work environment emphasizing positive attitude, efficiency, and polished presentation
- The sponsorship is monitored on a regular basis with minimum bi-weekly calls to the host location; responsibility of the sponsoring dentist does not require an unreasonable amount of time or additional expense
This program provides the interested individual an opportunity to learn and grow in the dental profession leading to an exciting and rewarding career as a Registered Dental Assistant.
Request a practicum student
"*" indicates required fields