Job Description RN
The CCA Instructor will teach students the theoretical and practical skills needed to support patients as Continuing Care Assistants in the healthcare industry. Topics of instruction include responding to the emotional, psychological, and physical needs of the client, assisting the client in interacting with family members, supporting the client’s personal care such as bathing and hygiene.
The CCA Instructor is responsible for balancing their expertise and experience to deliver education services to students through:
- Delivering instruction that meets module and program objectives as set out in the curriculum
- Preparing lesson plans and teaching aids that utilize a variety of teaching methods to promote student success
- Monitoring and discussing students’ progress with them individually and as a group
- Assigning and posting grades
- Supervising long-term and home care placement
To be successful in this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing with a current and valid RN license with CRNNS and/or Diploma Licensed Practical Nurse with a valid LPN license with CLPNNS with at least 5 years’ experience in the clinical settings preferably with 2 years in the continuing care sector.
- Teaching experience and/or possession of an instructor’s certificate (Adult Learning) is an asset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including presentation and group facilitation skills
- Ability to motivate, engage and inspire students
- Ability to work with other nurses within a team to provide the best possible learning experience for the students
Salary: $40 per hour.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com.
Location: Windsor, NS / Berwick, NS