Location: Dartmouth, NS
We’re looking for a motivated thought-leader to train the next generation of Early Childhood Educators (ECEs). If you’re passionate about providing the absolute best care possible to children and shaping young minds, this may be the job for you. This is your opportunity to influence ECEs in Sydney and pass along your knowledge and experience in one of the MOST important professions.
About the company
CBBC Career College is the oldest and most recognized private college in Sydney, Nova Scotia, established in 1958. With additional campuses in Halifax and Dartmouth, more than 15,000 alumni have secured successful careers across the province.
CBBC Career College brings a practical, student-centric approach to our students with 13 programs in business, beauty, and healthcare. Regardless of where students attend or which programs they join, our small class sizes, dedicated instructors and contacts within the community make CBBC the place to go for career training in Nova Scotia.
Summary of position:
Reporting to the Campus Director and the Lead Instructor, the ECE Instructor is responsible for delivering academic instruction to students.
- Instruct curriculum using only Nova Scotia per-authorized and/or CBBC Career College materials.
- Take part in our program team meetings.
- Attend practicum site visits to evaluate students who are on placement.
- Contribute to maintaining the curriculum for the betterment of the program.
- Organize and be responsible for instructor materials.
- Distribute and explain course outlines at the beginning of every class to every student.
- Define daily objectives and begin with an overview of the daily lesson plan.
- Check inventory and work with the ECE Program Director to order lab supplies as needed.
- Administer, record, and file all assessments according to guidelines and procedures.
- Grade and check daily work, projects, and quizzes in a timely fashion according to guidelines and procedures.
- Follow best teaching practices.
- Participate in grad functions.
Qualifications and Education:
Post-secondary early childhood education training program instructors must be able to verify and demonstrate the following:
- Diploma in early childhood education with at least four years of experience in a regulated childcare centre, family home daycare agency, pre-primary program, or other early childhood education setting
- ·Degree in early childhood education with at least three years of experience in a regulated childcare centre, family home daycare agency, pre-primary program, or other early childhood education setting
Note: Private career college instructors with less than one year of experience teaching adults must meet the requirements of the Private Career Colleges Operational Regulations as follows:
- An instructor who does not have at least 1 years’ experience teaching full-time in a critical evaluative setting must:
- in their first year of employment as an instructor, enroll in an instructional methods or train-the-trainer program approved by the Director; and
- complete the program referred to in clause (a) within 3 years from the beginning of employment and provide the Director with written verification of enrollment and of completion.
- n calculating a time period referred to in clause (1)(a) or (b), time spent as an
instructor at different times at the same college or colleges under common
ownership is cumulative.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable navigating new software systems
- Confidence and Leadership
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Planning and organizing
- Familiar with Capable, Confident, and Curious: Nova Scotia’s Early Learning Curriculum Framework
A Criminal Record and Social Media check will be conducted.
A basic computer test through Wonderlic will be required.
Benefits Package available after 3 months’ employment.
Benefits: Dental care, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Extended health care, Life insurance, Vision care
Reference ID: ECE Instructor
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $22.00-$25.00 per hour