Enhance Your Office 365 Security with Multi-Factor Authentication
Securing your Microsoft Office 365 account is a breeze! Simply log in, verify, and gain access. Elevate your security measures by enabling multi-factor authentication, an effective tool designed to safeguard your information and fortify the College’s security against potential cyber threats. You have the flexibility to self-enroll and choose the method that suits you best for identity verification.
What is Multi-Factor Authentication?
Multi-factor authentication provides robust protection for your accounts by implementing a layered security approach. Users are required to authenticate using multiple verification methods, adding an extra layer of defense to shield the College and prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
No Smartphone? No Problem!
Even without a smartphone, you can still utilize multi-factor authentication. Enroll using your office or personal phone and receive a call or text with a verification code for sign-in. Follow our simple self-enrollment instructions.
Not Receiving Verification Codes?
- If you’re not receiving verification codes when expected, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Restart Your Mobile Device: Refresh your device’s core components by restarting it to resolve background processes or services causing issues.
- Verify Security Information: Double-check the accuracy of the security verification method information, especially your phone numbers.
- Check Notification Settings: Ensure notifications are turned on, allowing phone calls and messages to send visible alerts.
- Ensure Signal and Internet Connection: Confirm that your device has a signal and an active internet connection.
- Turn off “Do Not Disturb”: Disable the “Do Not Disturb” feature on your mobile device to allow notifications.
- Unblock Phone Numbers: Ensure that voice calls from Microsoft are not blocked by checking the listed numbers.
- Battery-Related Settings: Adjust battery optimization settings to prevent interference with notification systems.
- Disable Third-Party Security Apps: Temporarily disable any third-party security apps that may hinder verification code reception.
Compatible Email Clients
Enjoy the benefits of Office 365 multi-factor authentication with the following email clients:
- Outlook for Windows
- Outlook for macOS
- Outlook for Android
- Outlook for iOS
- Gmail app for Android
- Mail app for iOS(Mozilla Thunderbird is not supported currently but may be in the future.)
Multi-factor authentication is compatible with all Microsoft Office 365 single sign-on apps, including:
- Class Notebook
Modify Your Authentication Settings
Already enrolled in multi-factor authentication but want to make changes? Click here to update your verification preferences or set up a backup verification method. Strengthen your security effortlessly!